with experience in finance/accounting and operations
Clown Me In (Awrad Association) is a clowning and street theatre NGO based in Beirut, which uses clowning to spread laughter and provide relief to disadvantaged communities while exploring human vulnerabilities and helping individuals to accept them. Clown Me In has worked around the world, in Mexican, Lebanese, Palestinian, Indian, Brazilian, Moroccan, Jordanian, Syrian, Greek and British communities.
We are looking for a self-motivated and result-driven operations officer with extensive experience in finance/accounting and operations for NGOs.
Duties will include formulating policies, coordinating and following up with project managers of the different projects, working on general budgets, allocating budget resources, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, improving administration processes, identifying new opportunities, and monitoring financial activities.
The successful candidate for this role should possess good communication skills, exceptional budgeting and finance skills and strong leadership qualities.
Operations Officer responsibilities:
- Overseeing daily operations
- Developing and implementing growth strategies
- Developing and implementing policies in accordance to international NGOs norms
- Creating and managing budgets
- Evaluating performance and productivity
- Analysing accounting and financial data
- Generating reports
- Managing cash box and bankbook
- Drafting contracts
- Overseeing the legal papers of Awrad Association
- Overseeing the work being done at the new space
- Make all due cash payments in a timely manner in coordination with project managers.
- Make sure that all invoices are in compliance with rules and regulations required by the Lebanese government and donors.
- Make sure there are sufficient funds in cashbox and that cash counting is carried out on a weekly basis.
- Record all payments in cashbox sheet in a timely manner.
- Archive all financial supporting documents of cashbox according to budgets and projects.
- Make all due payments either via check or bank transfers in coordination with project managers and president.
- Record all payments in bankbook in a timely manner.
- Manage online banking.
- Carry out monthly bank reconciliations in coordination with president.
- Archive all financial supporting documents of bankbook according to budgets and projects.
- Make sure that there are sufficient funds in bank account in order to carry out due payments on time upon request of project manager and/or president.
- Draft new consultancy contracts per budgetary requirements.
- Archive resumes and contracts per projects.
- Deliver financial reports due to donors on time in cooperation with project manager.
- Provide all required financial supporting documents to donor due along with reports.
- Provide all documents required by the auditor for the preparation of end-of-year reports to the government and follow up with auditor and lawyer to guarantee that reports are submitted in due time.
Operations Officer qualifications:
- Degree in business management and/or MBA or similar
- At least 3 years of experience in NGOs
- Strong leadership qualities
- Highly organised
- Computer literate
- Good Arabic and English (French is a plus)
To apply, send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Operations Officer” as a subject along with a motivation letter and your CV before April 19th.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted on the 22nd of April.
Job starts on May 1st 2019