Clown Me In is seeking to appoint a Fundraising Manager to lead our fundraising and development work for the next 4 months. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of achieving core and project funding at all levels for a range of arts organisations and companies. This initial contract covers 32 days across a 4-month period (approx 2 day/week, flexible working), with the aim of extending this position into a regular role with the company long-term.
Clown Me In is a clowning and street theatre company. Our experience ranges from street performances, to social therapy workshops and event hosting. We use creative and playful means to work with displaced and/or disadvantaged communities and work to bring people together using laughter and fun. We also aim to take the arts from urban to rural areas as well as from closed spaces to the streets. Clown Me In has worked with communities around the world, including Mexico, Myanmar, the Balkans, Lebanon, India, Brazil, Morocco, Jordan, Syria, Greece, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
More on www.clownmein.com
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (500 words max) outlining why you think you’d be suitable for the role to email@example.com (subject: Fundraiser) by end of day Friday 8th of january. Please refer to the job description and person specification in your cover letter.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday the 12th via zoom.
Please indicate your availability for that day in your letter.
Job title: Company Fundraiser (freelance)
Rate of pay: 400.000L.L per day ( 15,600,000L.L per 4 months)
Reporting to: Artistic Director
Location: Company is based in Sin El Fil and operates nationally. Company Fundraiser will be working from the office and home.
Working hours: 2 days (16 hours) per week, with the possibility of expanding to 3 days some weeks during busy periods. We currently work as a team on Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays, and it would be useful if you had some time on Thursdays free.
Length of engagement: 4 months, with possibility to extend depending on future funding.
Employment type: This is a self-employed position. You are responsible for paying any tax.
Other: The Company Fundraiser will be required to provide their own phone and laptop.
The purpose of this role is to lead on the fundraising and development work for Clown Me In, across public funding, trusts and foundations and individual giving. The Freelance Fundraiser will work in close collaboration with the core Clown Me IN team, and key roles will include:
- Researching new sources of funding and staying aware of new opportunities from existing funders to identify most appropriate funding opportunities.
- Creating cases for support for individual projects and the core work of the company
- Writing and submitting grant applications to reach an agreed target.
- Updating the core team and requesting the information required to ensure a successful application
Long-term, should the contract extend beyond the initial 4-month period, the Freelance Fundraiser will be responsible for:
- Creating a SMART strategic development plan that is aligned with Clown Me In’’s project cycle and ethos.
- Managing the funding cycle and identifying the funding timeline to ensure the company has sufficient cashflow to carry on its work
- Stewardship of funder relationships
- Attending funder meetings with other members of the core team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills ( Arabic and English are a must) with a clear writing style and ability to make and present a powerful case.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- At least three years’ fundraising experience, either as a main role or as a substantial part of another role.
- Natural collaborator with the independence to manage and drive own workload.
- Well organised.
- Adaptable and inventive, with the ability to spot and seek out new opportunities.
- Strategic thinker who is also able to apply that thinking to create tangible outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience of writing and submitting successful funding applications.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Passion for Clown Me In’s work and commitment to its core aims and objectives.
- Demonstrable experience securing donations (e.g. individual giving, corporate giving).
- Experience with companies / projects bridging arts and non-arts sectors, working across the arts, healthcare, and academia.
- French speaker