Clown Me In is seeking to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation Expert for the International Institute For Very Very Serious Studies (IIVVSS). The successful candidate will provide technical leadership to follow the program framework, plans and indicators to capture project performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities.
Clown Me In is a clowning and street theatre company. Our experience ranges from street performances, to social therapy workshops and event hosting. We use creative and playful means to work with displaced and/or disadvantaged communities and work to bring people together using laughter and fun. We also aim to take the arts from urban to rural areas as well as from closed spaces to the streets. Clown Me In has worked with communities around the world, including Mexico, Myanmar, the Balkans, Lebanon, India, Brazil, Morocco, Jordan, Syria, Greece, Sweden and the United Kingdom. One of our main projects is IIVVSS, a performance two year training program in Beirut, Lebanon, to develop the talents of experienced artists and send them out to use their skills to engage with communities.
More on www.clownmein.com
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (500 words max) outlining why you think you’d be suitable for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: M&E expert) by end of day Sunday 14th of February 2021. Please refer to the job description and person specification in your cover letter.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 18th of February via zoom.
Please indicate your availability for that day in your letter.
Job title: Monitoring and Evaluation expert
Rate of pay: USD 3,000 per year
Length of engagement: 20 days per year for a period of two and half years
Reporting to: Managing Director and Artistic Director
Location: School is based in Sin El Fil and operates nationally. The M&E expert will be working from the school, office and home. He/She might also need to be present during performances.
Employment type: This is a self-employed position. You are responsible for paying any tax.
- Ensure an appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system is in place and is functioning satisfactorily. Periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating contexts;
- Coordinate monitoring activities and inputs required of other team members;
- Anticipate, plan and support reporting requirements;
- Ensure information gathered through monitoring activities is shared quickly and in an appropriate format with the Artistic Director and Project Manager so that any problems arising can be addressed;
- Organize evaluation activities in line with Awrad’s policy.
- At least three-year experience in M&E activities.
- Skills in data analysis presentation and report writing.
- Good analytical skills combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving.
- Strong verbal communication skills (Arabic and English are a must) with a clear Arabic and English writing style.
- Self-motivated person able to work with little supervision.
- Well organized.
- Meticulous attention to detail.