Clown Me In is seeking to appoint an in-house producer to lead our street productions as well as other projects for the next 6 months. The successful candidate will administer the creation of new works, plan and assess future projects, and manage touring. The successful candidate should be a great project manager with at least three years of theatrical producing experience.
Clown Me In is a clowning and street theatre company. Our experience ranges from street performances, to social therapy workshops and event hosting. We use creative and playful means to work with displaced and/or disadvantaged communities and work to bring people together using laughter and fun. We also aim to take the arts from urban to rural areas as well as from closed spaces to the streets. Clown Me In has worked with communities around the world, including Mexico, Myanmar, the Balkans, Lebanon, India, Brazil, Morocco, Jordan, Syria, Greece, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
More on www.clownmein.com
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (500 words max) outlining why you think you’d be suitable for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Producer) by end of day Sunday 7th of February.
Please refer to the job description and person specification in your cover letter.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday the 10th via zoom.
Please indicate your availability for that day in your letter.
Job title: Company Producer (freelance)
Rate of pay: 720$ per month + 10% on sales
Reporting to: Artistic Director
Location: Company is based in Sin El Fil and operates nationally. Company producer will be working from the office and home.
Working hours: 3 days (18 hours) per week. We currently work as a team on Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays.
Length of engagement: 6 months with an option of a longer type contract
Employment type: This is a self-employed position. You are responsible for paying any tax.
Other: The Company Producer will be required to provide their own phone and laptop.
- Developing partnerships with companies, municipalities, institutions, schools, etc.
- Selling shows, events and projects / packages
- Providing administrative support to the Managing Director and Artistic Director
- Writing reports and maintaining records
- Provide feedback after a tour/ event as part of a debrief session
- Managing the admin related to tours, such as getting permits and finding adequate locations to perform
- Helping plan what productions to stage in future and when these will be, in collaboration with other key team members.
- Ensure that the tour is running smoothly for individual members of the group
- When on tour, respond to questions and offer help with any problems that arise, ranging from simple matters to more serious issues.
- Deal with emergencies happening on the ground
- Strong verbal communication skills ( Arabic and English are a must) with a clear Arabic and English writing style and ability to make and present a powerful case.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- At least three years experience, either as a main role or as a substantial part of another role.
- Natural collaborator with the independence to manage and drive own workload.
- Well organised.
- Adaptable and inventive, with the ability to spot and seek out new opportunities.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Passion for Clown Me In’s work and commitment to its core aims and objectives.